What are cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. Its usefulness is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Cookies usually store information of a technical nature, personal preferences, content personalization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the web to your profile and needs, without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced.
What are NOT cookies
A cookie is NOT a virus, not a Trojan, not a worm, not spam, not spyware, nor does it open popup windows. Cookies have been used for 20 years, when the first internet browsers appeared.
Information stored by a cookie
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep is of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc. The web server does not associate you as a person but with your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same website with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the website does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
Cookies can be of two kinds: own cookies or third party cookies. Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Types of cookies that can be used
Following the guidelines of the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, we proceed to detail the type of cookies that are used or may be used on this website.
- – Analysis cookies: They are those that, well treated by us or by third parties (such as Google Analytics), allow us to quantify the number of users of our website, and thus carry out a statistical measurement and analysis, in order to improve the product offer or services that we offer you.
- – Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics, depending on the user’s browsing, such as the language or type of browser through which they connect to the service.
- – Technical cookies: These are those that allow browsing in restricted areas of our website or the use of its functions, such as being able to carry out a purchase process or start a session.
- – Social network cookies: These are those used by each social network displayed on the web so that you can interact with them, such as “like” or “share” buttons.
- – Personalized advertising cookies: These are those that, well treated by this website or by third parties, allow the offer of advertising spaces on the website to be managed in the most efficient way possible, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or the use you make of our website. For this we can analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and we can show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
- – Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces on the web. These types of cookies store information on the behavior of visitors obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertisements based on it.
What happens if you disable cookies
If you delete and block all cookies on this site, the website will not work or the quality of the website may be affected. To understand the scope of disabling cookies, we show you some examples:
- – You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- – The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as is often the case in online stores.
- – You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, such as “My account”, or “My profile” or “My orders”.
- – Online stores: It will be impossible for you to make purchases online, they will have to be by telephone or visiting the physical store if you have one.
- – It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- – The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult for the web to be competitive.
- – You will not be able to write on the blog, you will not be able to upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will also not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- – It will not be possible to show sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the web.
How to disable or delete cookies
At any time you can delete or block them, in a general or specific way for a domain. These actions are performed differently depending on the browser you are using, and the way to do it may vary depending on the browser version:
- – Chrome:
- 1. Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking the personalization icon that appears on the top right.
- 2. You will see different sections, click the option Show advanced options.
- 3. Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
- 4. Select All cookies and site data.
- 5. A list will appear with all the cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a certain domain, enter the address partially or completely in the Search for cookies field.
- 6. After performing this filter, one or more lines with the cookies of the requested web will appear on the screen. Now you just have to select it and press the X to proceed with its elimination.
- – Internet Explorer:
- 1. Go to Tools, Internet Options
- 2. Click on Privacy.
- 3. Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
- – Firefox:
- 1. Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- 2. Click on Privacy.
- 3. Under History choose Use custom settings for history.
- 4. Now you will see the option Accept cookies, you can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
- – Safari for OSX:
- 1. Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- 2. In this place you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of block you want to perform.
- – Safari for iOS:
- 1. Go to Settings, then Safari.
- 2. Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of block you want to perform.
- – Android:
- 1. Launch the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
- 2. Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies to enable or disable the box.
- – Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this place you must exercise your right to eliminate or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
- – In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision not to accept them.
- – In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies on servers located in the United States and undertakes not to share them with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the system to function or when required by law. for this purpose. According to Google, it does not save your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhering to the Safe Harbor Agreement that guarantees that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations.